Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Elegance and Masculinity

 
I am fascinated by the interplay of masculinity and femininity in fashion. I always joke that I wish I were a guy so I can dress in suits and all the other fancy clothes that exude power and money. Words like sophisticated, suave, smooth, sexy, sensual, sharp, sleek, and chic all come to mind.
Also makes me wonder why all those words have the "s" or "sh" sound.

Business clothes is where a woman can really choose to embody the dominant swagger that men can have with their belt buckles, leather shoes, nicely ironed button downs, cuff links, and pocket squares. But it' also where they can choose to show off an elegant and alluring side of them. Dresses with flattering cuts, good length, a little bit of collar bones showing, bright colored heels, fancy accessories.

So I think business women are blessed in that sense. They can have the best of both worlds. And to illustrate what I mean:
 
This look is just so effortless. It's just made of such classic pieces, white pants, blue button down, black blazer. Pair it with a purse, sandals/heels, sunglasses, and some other accessories and she looks like she is ready to sign some multi-million contracts.


 
But then you have these gorgeous dresses. So classy and so feminine but also shows that the lady wearing it is ready to take on the world with a smile and confidence in stride.

 
I love the way this woman is sitting. It's all so manly, the entire outfit, her expression, her posture. But at the same time it's all so sexy in the most feminine way. What man wouldn't gladly take her to bed and have intelligent conversation between kisses until daybreak?

 
I've once worn an all yellow outfit to school and I got called a banana. But look at this daring masterpiece. First of all I was wearing sweats, and this is a sleek and polished suit. Bold, but she still look extremely successful and wealthy...far from a banana.



This blazer...it just gets me. That gold connecting chain, the black on white border, the popped up collar. This whole outfit is just so chic. I don't know what to say except I wish I had that blazer.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment